Everyone has more or less experienced scalding. Scalding is a common situation in life. Many people ...
Everyone has more or less experienced scalding. Scalding is a common situation in life. Many people do not know how to deal with skin scalding and some misconceptions about scalding. So the following article will introduce you to the emergency treatment of skin scalding.
1. Rinse the woundwith tap water. No matter what kind of scald it is, we should lower the skin temperature and reduce further damage. Rinsing with water can also help us reduce pain. The wound did not break and soaked for about 10 minutes. If it is broken, it can’t be soaked to prevent infection. If the scalded area is too large, soak the whole body in the bathtub. You can also use a towel to moisten and apply it to areas that cannot be washed with water.
2. don’t try so hard to take off your clothes, so as not to tear blisters after scalding, you can rinse with water to cool down first, then carefully take off your clothes.
3. the correct treatment of blisters, if there are blisters burns, do you want to break the specific problem specific analysis, generally do not break, in order to avoid leaving scars, but sometimes blisters larger or in the joint is easy to damage the blisters need to use disinfection needle pierced, if the blisters have been broken, you need to use disinfection cotton swabs to dry the liquid around the blisters.
4. Dress with gauze. Apply some ointment to the scald. Dress with gauze. After a few days to see if there is any improvement, continue to apply some ointment. If infection is found in the wound, a doctor should be consulted.
5. protect the wound, scald place should avoid direct sunlight, wound after don’t touch the water, scald place also don’t too much activity, in order to avoid the wound and gauze friction, increase the wound healing time.
6. Treatment for third-grade scald. When the scald is too serious, clean gauze shall be used to cover or expose the third-grade scald, and then the scald shall be quickly sent to hospital for medical treatment. No drugs shall be applied on the wound surface.
The first injury or scald only damages the skin surface, with slight local redness, no blisters and obvious pain. immediately remove the clothing and socks, soak the wound surface in cold water for half an hour, and then rub the wound surface with sesame oil and vegetable oil. Second-degree injuries and scalds are dermal injuries, local swelling and pain, and blisters of different sizes. Large blisters can be treated with disinfection needles to break the edge of the blisters and then bandaged with scald ointment. The tightness should be moderate. Third-degree injuries and scalds are subcutaneous, fat, muscle and bone are all damaged and are gray or reddish brown. At this time, clean cloth should be applied to wrap the wound surface and send it to hospital in time. Do not apply amethyst or ointment on the wound surface, which will affect the observation and treatment of the disease. For patients with severe injury or scald, shock or respiratory or cardiac arrest may occur during transfer, and artificial respiration or external cardiac massage shall be performed immediately. When the wounded are upset and thirsty, they can take a small amount of hot tea or light saline water. They must never take a large amount of boiled water in a short period of time, resulting in brain edema in the wounded.
The principle of fire and water scald treatment is to first remove the heat source, quickly leave the scene, and use various fire extinguishing methods, such as water immersion, water drenching, lying down and tumbling on the spot, immediately take off wet clothes or cut them, drench them with water, and soak the limbs in cold water until the pain disappears. You can also cover the wound with a wet towel or sheet and spray cold water upwards. Don’t break blisters. Fire and water scald can be divided into first degree scald (erythema, red skin and burning tingling sensation), second degree scald (blistering, blistering on affected part) and third degree scald (necrotizing, peeling off skin). For minor burns in a small area, treatment can be carried out at home. After cleaning the wound surface, Jingwanhong and MEBO Wetting Burn Ointment can be applied externally. For extensive burns, it is advisable to send them to hospital for treatment as soon as possible. The treatment of scalded wounds is the most important. First, the hair in and around the wound area should be shaved off, and the excessively long nails should be cut off. Healthy skin around the wound surface is washed with soapy water and clear water, and then scrubbed and disinfected with 0.1% benzalkonium bromide or 75% alcohol. The wound surface was washed with isotonic saline to remove foreign bodies and dirt on the wound surface. Protect small blisters from damage. Large blisters can be pumped out with an empty injection needle, or they can be sheared off at a low position to release the blisters. In case of broken blisters or serious pollution, the blisters shall be cut off, and the wound surface shall be gently rolled with gauze, covered with a layer of liquid paraffin gauze or thin layer of vaseline gauze, plus multiple layers of degreased gauze and cotton pad, and bandaged with bandage under uniform pressure. Scald can also be treated with bandaging therapy and exposure therapy. Burns are often complicated by infection, so antibiotics should be added and tetanus antitoxin can be injected.
1. No pain after burn and scald means that the scald is not serious. On the contrary, the less painful the wound feels, the more serious the injury. Because boiling water or open fire first damages the skin epidermis, then to the middle layer of the skin, and the pain nerve is damaged, you will not feel pain. Therefore, if you feel no pain at all, it means that the degree of burns may be very serious, and deep tissues have been damaged, and you should go to a specialist for treatment in time. If it hurts very much, then don’t worry too much, the injury is not as bad as your pain.
2. Apply soy sauce after burn and scald Soy sauce cannot be applied after burns and scalds. Firstly, soy sauce contains salts, which will dehydrate and contract wound cells and aggravate the damage. Secondly, soy sauce is not sterile. If it is not treated further, it may cause infection. Thirdly, the dark brown color of soy sauce covered the wound surface, which affected doctors’ judgment on the depth of the wound surface. Therefore, after burns and scalds, rinse with cold water and do not apply other substances, such as salad oil, soy sauce, cooling oil, green ointment, etc. You should go to a specialized hospital and use truly effective drugs for burns and scalds under the guidance of doctors.
3. Picking out blisters after burns and scalds It depends on the situation. The blisters formed by scalding with boiled water are sterile and the epidermis is not damaged. If the blisters are not large, they do not need to be torn. On the one hand, bacteria are not easy to invade and infection is not easy to occur because the integrity of the skin is maintained. On the other hand, skin preservation can protect the wound surface. However, if the blister is too large, the pain is obvious, and the protein may coagulate, then a sterile needle stick should be used to break the blister, squeeze out the water in the blister, and cover the blister skin as it is. A better method is to use biological dressing. At this time, the necrotic epidermis is completely removed. After cleaning and disinfection, the biological dressing is covered. This method greatly reduces the infection rate and greatly reduces the pain of dressing change.
4. Rinse the wound with Chinese liquor after burn and scald Many people think that liquor has the function of disinfection, so it will be widely used after injury. If the wound surface skin is not broken, the volatilization of alcohol in liquor will take away heat and have a certain cooling effect. If applied when the skin is broken, it will not benefit the wound. It will not only aggravate the pain, but also deepen the wound. Large-scale application may also cause alcoholism through absorption of the wound.
5. Ice immediately after burn and scald High temperature can damage skin, and low temperature can also cause damage. After burns and scalds, the damaged skin has lost the protection of the epidermis and cannot be directly iced to avoid frostbite. Immediately flush with mild, flowing cold water for 30 minutes, or until it does not hurt.
6. Apply ointment immediately after burn and scald Applying ointment will allow heat energy to coat the skin and continue to damage the skin. Flushing water immediately to cool down is the correct way to deal with it. Conclusion: When scalds occur, many people panic and don’t know how to deal with them. Some people fall into the mistaken idea of dealing with scalds and eventually lead to infection. Friends who don’t know how to deal with them can look at the treatment methods in the article. Don’t let their scalds become more serious.